lunes, 14 de abril de 2014

Free Birth Control

I read an article about free birth control by Laura Lazos published on her blog "That's what I like about Texas".


She states that birth control should be free. I agree. I should be free at least for the teenagers that can afford paying for their birth control. This would make the birth control more accessible for teenagers and will prevent unplanned pregnancy. On the other hand, I do not agree that if women have to pay for their birth control, then the abortions will start to escalate. I think unwanted pregnancy comes from the lack of sexual education among the teenagers. Unwanted pregnancy is not a result of expensive birth control treatment, because there are many other ways to prevent pregnancy.

I think birth control should be free, but a sexual education talk should be given to all the teenagers that apply to get it. Birth control prevents pregnancy but does not prevent any type of STD, and many teenagers do not use a condom just because they use birth control. Sexual education is very important and should be accessible to everyone too.

No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario