viernes, 9 de mayo de 2014

Legalising in Texas and Mexico

This is a response for  Texas.State.Government post:

Welcome to 2014! 1903 was more than a hundred years ago! Marihuana has been through a lot of research since then and must benefits and side effects are still pretty much unknown. I have no time to update you from 1903 to 2014, but the most significant recent discoveries are that marihuana reduces epileptic attacks, stress, and pain (Here is a TEDtalk that talks about this, so you know I'm not lying, you should watch it and post your sources too so we can believe that story from 1903 and some facts that you talk about). It was also discovered, that smoking often will affect a side of your brain that is involved with motivation. I post a positive and a negative discovery cause I'm in a neutral position on cannabis use.

I agree in the fact that Texas should not legalize it, but for other reasons. I come from Mexico and I lived in the insecurity of it thanks to drug cartels. I think legalising marihuana in a border state can make it easier to cartels to cross it through the border. Also, by legalising it, the price lowers. If the price lowers the cartels will lose money and they will find a way to get it somehow, probably through kidnapping or extortion. This would raise the insecurity in Mexico.

No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario